Answers to frequently asked questions about the Summer Concert – Claudelands Oval.
Cnr Brooklyn Road & Heaphy Terrace
- 9:00am Car Park Opens
- 10:00am Express Entry Open
- 11:00am Main Gates Open
- 11:30am White Chapel Jak
- 12:30pm Pseudo Echo
- 2:00pm Collective Soul
- 3:30pm Texas
- 5:00pm Simple Minds
- 6:30pm Concert Ends
- Sealed, non-alcoholic drinks in cans or plastic only (no glass), incl 0.00% beer
- Chilly Bins
- Picnic rugs
- Camping chairs (any size, but please be conscientious of your concert neighbours)
- Umbrellas/Sunshades – in designated areas, 3m max size
- Empty, Reusable Drink Bottles – Free refill water will be available.
These items are prohibited at the Summer Concert. They will be confiscated at the gate, and not returned to you.
- No Glass – this includes wine glasses, picnic glasses, glass bottles, glass perfume bottles, glass containers, glass drink bottles – no glass of any kind.
- Beanbags or Couches
- Knives, Weapons or explosives of any kind – including cheese or steel knives of any kind, or potential missiles.
- Drugs or Illegal substances
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police/emergency service dogs).
- Flares, fireworks, or sparklers.
- Fires and open flames of any kind.
- Sound systems.
- Portable laser equipment and pens.
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar).
- Professional photography equipment (e.g., telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Concert staff to be professional photography equipment).
- Skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, quad-bikes, Segways or any personal motorised vehicles.
- No unauthorised solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- No Offensive Clothing or Gang affiliated clothing or insignia.
- Any other item deemed to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Concert organisers.
- Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons.
Alcohol is not permitted to be brought into the venue and no alcohol is to be taken out of the venue to comply with the NZ Liquor Licensing laws.
A wide selection of Gibbston Valley Wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Rosé and their award-winning Pinot Noir will be sold at the venue along with beer and non-alcoholic beverages. FREE refill water will be available.
You may bring your own picnic and sealed non-alcoholic drinks; no Glass bottles or Glass of any description is permitted to be brought into the venue. A variety of local food vendors will be on site.
Please note: the management reserves the rights to search bags and coolers on entry and prohibited items will be confiscated.
Getting to & from Claudelands Oval
Entry to the venue can be accessed from Claudelands Gate 2 off Heaphy Terrace or Claudelands Gate 3 off Brooklyn Road.
Please note there are no pass outs for the show. Once you are inside the venue you can’t
exit and re-enter.
We are expecting a large number of people to this event. As such it’s important you plan your journey as road closures and traffic management will be in place.
Taxis and e-rideshares will be busy, ensure you have an alternative plan.
The area around Claudelands will be a no-parking zone for e-scooters. Please ensure you park in the designated e-scooter areas as outlined on the area map.
Parking is limited, and on-street restrictions may apply. To avoid being towed and to enjoy a hassle free event, we suggest using one of the free public transport options below:
Free Public Transport
All city bus fares are included with your event ticket all day on Sunday, 28 January. Just show your Summer Concert Tour 2024 ticket to the bus driver when boarding. You can check bus times and schedules via busit.co.nz to plan your return trip.
Please note that this is only valid for Hamilton city bus routes.
The best options to get to Claudelands by bus on a Sunday, 28 January (see route maps on the Busit website):
16 Rototuna – Stop on Heaphy Terrace on the northside of the Boundary Road roundabout.
4 Flagstaff – Stop on Heaphy Terrace on the northside of the Boundary Road roundabout.
13 University – Stop on Te Aroha St, off Grey St near Claudelands.
The Orbiter – Stops at Five Cross Roads on Peachgrove Rd for a short 15 minute walk to Claudelands.
Or it’s an easy 20-25 minute walk from the Hamilton Transport Centre (for other connecting services).
Drop Off & Pick-Up Point
There will be a dedicated drop off zone located on Heaphy Terrace, this zone is for drop offs only with no parking during the day. Heaphy Terrace will be closed to all vehicles from 5pm.
A dedicated pick up zone will be located on Brooklyn Rd for after the event. This is not limited to taxis and Ubers, you may be dropped off or picked up by friends or family in this area too.
Onsite mobility parking is available via gate 4 on Brooklyn Road. This is strictly available for patrons who hold a valid mobility parking permit. You will be required to present your mobility permit to traffic control staff on the day for access – no permit, no entry.
To secure your preferred accommodation option we suggest you make your booking as early as possible.
The Hamilton region has an extensive range of accommodation options, from five-star hotels, boutique, luxury havens, to serviced apartments, motels, campgrounds, backpacker hostels and bed and breakfasts. You are sure to find an accommodation option to suit your needs.
The Waikato tourism website has a fantastic and varied list of recommended accommodation options:
Bean Bags and Tarpaulins are not permitted.
Maximum size of umbrellas/gazebos/shade is 3m.
Chairs are permitted to be used at the venue but, please be considerate to the people around you.
Sun shades are permitted in selected areas, please bring hats and plenty of sun screen.
If you wish to bring umbrellas please be aware that you will be placed in a designated umbrella area.
The show will go on rain, hail, or shine so come prepared for NZ’s changeable weather. The concert will only be cancelled if the conditions are considered dangerous by the organisers.
If cancellation occurs, tickets will be refunded only at the point of purchase. If a change is made to the line-up and it is out of the promoter’s control, no refunds will be made.
The event is wheelchair accessible, and there is a dedicated accessibility entry gate & fenced off viewing area at the Hamilton venue.
Parking and toilets will be available but as it is a grass venue please ensure mobility on this surface.
If you have any special requirements please contact us so we can do our best to accommodate your needs.
- No professional video or audio recording equipment is to be brought in to the venue e.g. long lens cameras. Any equipment discovered will be confiscated.
- Medical, Police and the Fire Service will be on site.
- No animals except guide dogs.
- No cookers or fires permitted on site.
- NO Pass Outs.
- Smoking and Vaping only in designated areas.
- No Offensive Clothing or Gang affiliated clothing or insignia.
- NO GLASS permitted in the venue – including glass bottles or wineglasses.
Management reserves the right to remove or refuse entry to ticket holders considered dangerous or a nuisance or failing to comply with reasonable requests.
Upgrade your Summer Concert Tour experience with the VIP Package available to purchase online.
Enter the concert through the VIP lane, and find the VIP area to the side of the venue where you can take a break from the crowds and the weather to relax in this covered space, with bar leaners and furniture to grab a drink and something to eat away from the crowd.
The VIP area has a dedicated bar and bathrooms, and includes your General Admission entry, entry to the VIP shaded area, and lunch included.
A wide selection of beverages will be available to purchase including Gibbston Valley Wine, a range of Beer, RTD’s and non-alcoholic beverages. FREE refill water will be available. All bars are eftpos only (no cash) and accept eftpos, debit cards, and Visa and Mastercard.
You’ll be close to all the action, so you can head to the Moshpit to dance to all your favourite tunes. If you need extra sustenance, there is a fabulous variety of local food vendors to choose from on site.
The VIP area is strictly R18 – no children permitted.
The VIP Gates open at 10am, and you do not need to also purchase an Express Entry pass.