Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Gibbston Valley Winery Summer Concert.
Gibbston Valley Winery
1820 Gibbston Hwy,
- 9:00am Car Park Opens
- 10:00am Express Entry Open
- 11:00am Main Gates Open
- 11:30am Local Opening Act
- 12:30pm Pseudo Echo
- 2:00pm Collective Soul
- 3:30pm Texas
- 5:00pm Simple Minds
- 6:30pm Concert Ends
- Sealed, non-alcoholic drinks in cans or plastic only (no glass), incl 0.00% beer
- Chilly Bins
- Picnic rugs
- Camping chairs (any size, but please be conscientious of your concert neighbours)
- Umbrellas/Sunshades – in designated areas, 3m max size
- Empty, Reusable Drink Bottles – Free refill water will be available.
These items are prohibited at the Summer Concert. They will be confiscated at the gate, and not returned to you.
- No Glass – this includes wine glasses, picnic glasses, glass bottles, glass perfume bottles, glass containers, glass drink bottles – no glass of any kind.
- Beanbags or Couches
- Knives, Weapons or explosives of any kind – including cheese or steel knives of any kind, or potential missiles.
- Drugs or Illegal substances
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police/emergency service dogs).
- Flares, fireworks, or sparklers.
- Fires and open flames of any kind.
- Sound systems.
- Portable laser equipment and pens.
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar).
- Professional photography equipment (e.g., telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Concert staff to be professional photography equipment).
- Skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, quad-bikes, Segways or any personal motorised vehicles.
- No unauthorised solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- No Offensive Clothing or Gang affiliated clothing or insignia.
- Any other item deemed to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Concert organisers.
- Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons.
Alcohol is not permitted to be brought into the venue and no alcohol is to be taken out of the venue to comply with the NZ Liquor Licensing laws.
A wide selection of Gibbston Valley Wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Rosé and their award-winning Pinot Noir will be sold at the venue along with beer, RTD’s and non-alcoholic beverages. FREE refill water will be available.
All bars are eftpos only (no cash) and accept eftpos, debit cards, and Visa and Mastercard.
You may bring your own picnic and sealed non-alcoholic drinks, no Glass bottles or Glass of any kind is permitted to be brought into the venue. A variety of local food vendors will be on site.
Please note: the management reserves the rights to search bags and coolers on entry and prohibited items will be confiscated.
No. The Gibbston Valley Winery Summer Concert will run as usual at the same venue. There is a slight change to carparking, with more usable area available and improved pedestrian walking access from the carparks to the concert entrance.
On-site car parking is available, accessible from Gibbston Highway.
Parking fee is a gold coin donation to a local community group.
Please follow signage and directions on the day.
Taxi – drop-off and collection points will be available.
Bus – You must have pre-purchased a bus ticket to board the bus.
Departures to the concert run every 10 minutes from 8.30am to 11.45am, departing from the pick-up locations below and delivering you to the Gibbston Valley Winery Summer Concert main entrance.
Return transfers from the concert depart from 6.00pm from the Gibbston Valley Winery main entrance for return journey to the pick-up locations below. NB: Coaches will continue until every person has returned.
- Queenstown Pick-up: Queenstown Primary School
- Frankton Pick-up: Frankton Bus Shelter and Toilets
- Arrowtown Pick-up: Arrowtown Bus Parks (Bus Park behind Museum)
NOTE: Passengers have to pre-purchase their bus tickets, will be required to produce their ticket to our drivers to gain entry on board buses for both journeys. Children age 14 and under are free of charge, and do not require a bus ticket.
Go Bus are running return buses to the concert from Alexandra, Clyde, Cromwell, Wanaka and Pisa Moorings. Tickets can be purchased from:
Go Bus Transport
For online bookings – $50 per person return
Phone: 03 448 6868
Alexandra Information Centre
Phone: 03 448 8871
Harvest Hotel at The Gate (Cromwell)
Phone: 03 445 1777
Wanaka Bus service:
$60 per person return
You can purchase a return Helicopter transfer to the Gibbston Valley Winery Concert when you purchase your Concert ticket.
Helicopter transfers are managed by The Helicopter Line. Once you have purchased your ticket, The Helicopter Line will contact you directly in regards to flight times.
If you have any queries in regards to Helicopter transfers please contact The Helicopter Line:
Free Phone: 0800500575 or Landline: 034423034
To secure your preferred accommodation option we suggest you make your booking as early as possible.
Queenstown offers a vast range of accommodation options, from backpacker hostels, motels and hotels and self-contained apartments to luxury private retreats.
The Queenstown tourism website has a fantastic and varied list of recommended accommodation options:
Find unique accommodation and rent from a Queenstown local on Airbnb so you can feel right at home after the concert.
You must purchase a Campervan ticket online in order to access the Campervan parking area, and there will be no gate sales. You must purchase 1 x Campervan ticket for each campervan (not per person), and this covers your stay for both Friday and Saturday nights.
Gates open for campervan parking from 1pm on Friday 2nd Feb 2024, and all vehicles must leave the area by 1pm on Sunday 4th Feb. Gates will be locked overnight on both nights from 9pm – 7am with overnight security in place.
Campervan Parking Terms and Conditions:
- Self-Contained Motorhomes or Caravans Only.
- No tents or sleeping in cars.
- No BBQs, Fires or Smoking – Gibbston Valley has a fire ban in place over Summer.
- All rubbish must be taken with you.
- Gates open 1pm Friday 2nd Feb and are locked overnight from 9pm-7am.
- Carparking Site must be vacated by 1pm Sunday 4th Feb.
Bean Bags and Tarpaulins are not permitted.
Maximum size of umbrellas/gazebos/shade is 3m.
Chairs are permitted to be used at the venue but, please be considerate to the people around you.
Shades permitted in designated area’s only. Please bring hats and plenty of sun screen.
If you wish to bring umbrellas please be aware that you will be placed in a designated umbrella area.
The show will go on rain, hail, or shine so come prepared for NZ’s changeable weather. The concert will only be cancelled if the conditions are considered dangerous by the organisers .
If cancellation occurs, tickets will be refunded only at the point of purchase. If a change is made to the line-up and it is out of the promoter’s control, no refunds will be made.
The event is wheelchair accessible, and there is a dedicated accessibility entry gate at each venue.
Parking and toilets will be available but as it is a grass venue please ensure mobility on this surface.
If you have any special requirements please contact us so we can do our best to accommodate your needs.
- No professional video or audio recording equipment is to be brought in to the venue e.g. long lens cameras. Any equipment discovered will be confiscated.
- Medical, Police and the Fire Service will be on site.
- No animals except guide dogs.
- No cookers or fires permitted on site.
- NO Pass Outs.
- Smoking and Vaping only in designated areas.
- No Offensive Clothing or Gang affiliated clothing or insignia.
- NO GLASS permitted in the venue – including glass bottles or wineglasses.
Management reserves the right to remove or refuse entry to ticket holders considered dangerous or a nuisance or failing to comply with reasonable requests.
Table of 10 – $4,450 +GST, includes:
- Concert ticket
- Corporate parking
- Corporate Marquee with reserved table seating
- Gourmet buffet lunch
- Afternoon tea
- Private cash bar offering for purchase a range of Gibbston Valley Wines, Premium, Standard & Light Beers and Non-alcoholic beverages
For bookings and enquiries email our Corporate Team: firstname.lastname@example.org